Dalla Comunità Maria Ausiliatrice, Trichur – India
Community: Maria Ausiliatrice, Trichur – India INK
Circular No. 992
Our beloved Mother General,
First of all we want to thank you our dearest Mother General for leading our Institute in the past 12 years in the paths revealed to you by the Lord and guided by Our Lady, giving it vitality and growth. We thank you for your selfless dedication, your radiant smile, the spirit of wisdom, love and enthusiasm with which you led us on. In your innumerable visits to all parts of the world, you have come across so many of us and yet you remember us as individuals, and not as a group. Thank you dearest Mother, for this particular trait of yours, which has won all our hearts and so we say a “big thank you”.
- Which attitudes must I cultivate in order to live daily relationships with renewed hope?
In order to live daily relationships with renewed hope, the attitudes we need to cultivate are:
- The servant type attitude of Jesus: “To serve and not to be served” – Inclusive of all without any distinction of caste, creed, religion and region.
- The intuitive observant attitude of Mary which helps one to reach out to another even without being asked.
- The all out-going attitude of St. Mary Mazzarello which will make us to be all in all to everyone.
- The compassionate human warmth of Don Bosco that helps one to feel empathy for those who suffer.
- The attitudes of forgiveness given and received, the patient and loving charity and the non-judgmental attitudes that will help us to get close to one another and make our relationships deeper and finer.
- The serene acceptance of things which cannot be changed.
- How can we help each other to be more aware of the active and transforming presence of the Holy spirit in our personal and community experience, in the life of the children, of the young of the people we meet?
- By being docile instruments in the hands of God and listening attentively to the still voice within us and around us.
- Praying meditatively with the Word of God allowing it to take flesh in us, the Truth of His Word to shine through our actions and His Love to burn brightly within us.
- Removing the darkness of our minds and hearts through the reading and assimilation of the Word of God and letting ourselves be transformed through the action of the Holy Spirit. Once we are inflamed, we will be able to transform our community, the laity who help us, the children and the youth who attend our institutes and through them we will be able to reach out to their families and to the society at large.
- By turning away from all that does not lead us to God.
- What attention of the heart is needed to perceive His voice, His light
- The practice of profound interior silence that will enable us to perceive the still small voice of God that speaks within us, around us, through our sisters and through the people we meet.
- In order to be attentive to His Voice, His light we need to free our hearts from all earthly attachments to persons, things, the pursuit of power, vain glory and honour and being busy about a hundred and one useless things that does not even give us enough time for prayer.
- We need often to raise our minds and hearts to God and fix our gaze on Him alone and continually seek His holy will in everything that we do.
- We need to realize our nothingness and the strong power of God that guides all our actions.