Dalla Comunità Our Lady of Prompt Succor – Westwego – Louisiana – USA
Let us open our heart’s door and ask ourselves, how Mary’s humble, courageous, dynamic yes, can make our daily yes to God more aware and deeper so that we may be increasingly available to Him and at the service of the people He entrusts to us, especially the neediest?
- Following Mary’s example of humble, courageous Yes, I tried to serve others willingly in spite of the difficulties in relationship, in character, and in different ideas.
- Mary went through hard times in her life, yet she overcame them courageously. For me at times, it is not easy to say Yes, yet I strived to be at the service of the young and the people I serve, even when it requires sacrifice and denying of our own comfort to serve others.
- Everyday I always recall the Yes of Mary and try to imitate her trusting, courageous Yes. Mary had many questions, many hows, whats, whys.. in her mind, but only the trust that helped her bowing her head and accepting God’s invitation.
Is this not what we desire for our communities; to be accompanied by Mary so that those who meet us can feel that our hearts burn with love given with tenderness and gratuity; that our experience of God may become the power of evangelization, spreading the passion for vocations?
- Yes. This is my desire for myself, my community, and for every Christian to be like Mary, to have our hearts burned for Jesus’ and Mary’s love. I try to sacrifice myself, letting go of what is not important to live harmoniously.
- Our Province decided to following Mother Yvonne’s advice to invoke the Lord for vocation through constant and monthly praying of the Novena to Mary Help of Christians and live Perfect Charity in the community. We tried to remember and take advantage of all situations happened in our daily life to experience God’s love and share this care with others for vocations.